17 October 2007

[pdx_photos] Hey! I Was Shortlisted for Schmap!

1025. I was just advised–and have consented to move forward on it–that one of my Flickrized photos has been shortlisted for the next edittion of the Portland Schmap Travel Guide. Specifically, this one:


Consdering its subject (Jim & Patty's Coffee on NE Fremont Street), it's got a lot of Portland heart and soul. So, naturally, I'm excuciatingly flattered.

Is ironic, no, that I had just gone on about Ristretto Coffee Roasters (which is in the same general area). We don't get over that way as often as we like; Jim & Patty's close a little early for our night-owl lifestyles, and that's Piedmont and this is Baja Gresham, but we need to be coming that way soon. Jim & Patty's coffee is excellent, and I'm betting Ristretto's is too.

Clearly, I need to upload more of my Portland photeaux to Flickr. Hey, I'm no Portland Ground, but I got some mojo working.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got a similar notice, regarding three photos of where I work.

Samuel John Klein said...

Congratulations–that's pretty cool. I hope they select yours.

Iron Fist said...

Hey, congratulations. One of my photos from the Bridge Pedal just got tagged.

Samuel John Klein said...

Hey, yeah! That was a nice photo...

-carywd said...

congrats to all
they chose two of mine as well
-carywd

Unknown said...

Just so you know, the shop is moving down the street if they're making a travel guide- but otherwise, great news. :D

Samuel John Klein said...

Moving down the street...hey, we're really going to have to go back there naow!